Photo Independent Milan is Open for Applications
Photo Independent is pleased to once again be partnering with the MIA Photo Fair in Milan, Italy. A gallery-based photography fair, the MIA Photo Fair celebrates its 12th edition in 2023. The two fairs will share a venue at Superstudio Maxi, Milan.
The leading photography art fair dedicated to photographers, Photo Independent is driven to provide photographers the exposure they seek.
Connect with the European Market
Sharing a venue with the MIA Photo Fair, which attracts more than 25,000 annual visitors, will enhance exposure for independent photographers, offering a priceless entrée to the European market of collectors and lovers of photography.
A selection committee will review all applications to carefully select artists who will exhibit at Photo Independent, attaining the opportunity to connect with thousands of visitors, collectors, curators, gallerists and art buyers.
Stand / Booth space and pricing for Photo Independent in Milan will be by linear feet/metres. Final layout of individual booth spaces will be based on exhibitor’s space selection request.
(Extra lighting and walls are available upon request for an additional fee).
|SIZE IN LINEAR METRES||FEE|
|1 Linear Metre (3.3 feet)||US$1,350 (€1,240)|
|2 Linear Metres (6.6 feet)||US$2,350 (€2,155)|
|3 Linear Metres (9.9 feet)||US$3,350 (€3,070)|
|4 Linear Metres (13.2 feet)||US$4,300 (€3,940)|
|8 Linear Metres (26.3 feet)||US$8,000 (€7,340)|
|Please inquire for larger space.|
- Hard wall space
- Complimentary VIP Opening Night Party & General Admission Tickets
- Artist profile page on the Photo Independent website
- Art storage (limited)
- Organizational & exhibition support
- Basic lighting
- WiFi access
- Payment/Credit Card processing
Payment Method for Art Sold at Photo Independent
Photo Independent will process all credit card transactions on behalf of artist exhibitors unless other arrangements have been made. Due to complications related to taking payments for artwork sold in Europe, this makes it easier for artists exhibiting at the fair.
Sales at Photo Independent
Photographers keep 90 percent of sales. Photo Independent takes a nominal service fee for processing and handling of payments.
Photo Independent offers a special program for exhibiting photographers who may not be able to attend Photo Independent in person.
If you wish to participate in Photo Independent, but are not able to attend, we can represent you at the fair. Our staff of art professionals will educate themselves about you and your work and act as your representative at Photo Independent. We will also have Italian speaking staff present during the course of the fair.
To take advantage of the concierge program, please fill out the form on our contact page and we will get back to you with more details.
Tips on uploading a successful application:
- Please make sure your images are High Quality, Clear, In-Focus and Well-Lit so the Selection Committee can properly assess your work.
- Ensure that you have a Cohesive Body of Work.
- If possible, please submit the Work You Intend to Exhibit at Photo Independent if selected.
- Make sure the file names of your images correspond to your image list.
Before you begin, please make sure you have the following documents ready:
- Images of your work (Up to 10 images: .jpg, .jpeg or .png formats only)
- Image list (.doc .docx or .pdf only)
- Brief biography (120 words max)
- Artist resume (CV) (.doc, .docx, or .pdf only)
Apply and Exhibit at the
2023 Photo Independent
Visit our Submission page to apply.
Applications are accepted online only.