The 5th Edition of Photo Independent is Open for Applications.
Our expert Selection Committee will review all applications and carefully select the artists who will exhibit at Photo Independent and have the chance to connect with thousands of visitors, collectors, curators, gallerists, and art buyers.
We have 5 booth and gallery wall space packages available for photographers to participate in the fair. (Extra lighting and extra walls are available upon request for an additional fee).
|Size: Square Feet (SQ FT)||Size: Square Metres (SQM)||Fee
|10’ x 10’ x 10′: 100 SQ FT||9.3 SQM||$3,250||4|
|10’ x 20’ x 10′: 200 SQ FT||18.5 SQM||$5,500||8|
|10’ x 30’ x 10′: 300 SQ FT||28 SQM||$8,000||12|
|4’ x 10’ x 4′: 80 SQ FT||7.5 SQM||$1,600||3|
|8’ Wide Gallery Wall Space||3 SQM||$975||2|
All exhibition spaces feature a gallery-style, hard wall system. This will expedite the installation process and ensure a professional appearance. The exhibitor package includes:
- Hard wall space
- Complimentary Opening Night Party and General admission tickets
- Discount tickets for your mailing list
- Artist profile page on our website
- Listing in the show guide
- Art storage (limited)
- Organizational & exhibition support
- Basic lighting
- Internet access
- Credit Card Processing if needed*
Payment Options for Art Sold at Photo Independent
Exhibitors, please take special note that Los Angeles County requires the possession of a seller’s permit when accepting payment for artwork sold within the county. Therefore, to assist photographers who live outside of Los Angeles County, Photo Independent will handle all purchases during the art fair on behalf of the non-resident photographer.
*NOTE: Please also note, a credit card processing and handling fee of 8% will be deducted from all purchases processed by Photo Independent. If you live within Los Angeles County and are unable to personally process credit cards at the art fair, Photo Independent will gladly assist in processing your credit card transactions as well.
We have a special program available for those photographers who may not be able to be at Photo Independent in person.
If you would like to take part in Photo Independent, but may not be able to be at the fair in person, we will represent you at the fair. Our staff of art professionals will educate themselves about you and your work and be your representative at the fair.
Should you want to participate in this program, please fill out the form on our contact page and we will get back to you with more details on how the program works.
For those artists wanting to have their work printed and framed locally, we have several options to assist you. Please fill out the form on our contact page by letting us know what type of assistance you require, and we will help you with fulfilling your requests.
All applications will be juried by our Selection Committee of art professionals and curators
Submission Information and Checklist
Please make sure you have read through this Exhibitor Application Information page thoroughly before proceeding to ensure that your application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Tips on Uploading a Successful Application:
- Please make sure that your images are of high quality, clear, in-focus and well-lit so that the Selection Committee can properly assess your work.
- Ensure that you have a cohesive body of work.
- If possible, please show us the work you intend to exhibit at the Fair if selected.
- Make sure that the file name of your images corresponds to your image list.
Before you begin, please make sure you have the following documents ready:
- Images of your work (up to 5 images: .jpg or .jpeg only)
- Image list (.doc, .docx, or .pdf only)
- Brief biography (120 words max)
- Artist headshot (.jpg or .jpeg only)
- Artist resume (CV) (.doc, .docx, or .pdf only)
How to Apply
Visit our Application Page to apply. Applications are accepted online only.